Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer in Chicago

Well, It officially turned summer here yesterday. It was humid and almost 90 degrees by 11am. Maybe earlier but that is when we finally got out of the house.

What a wonderful weekend. Brian and I volunteered on Saturday morning, napped and then went to a friend's house for a delicious Vietnamese feast. Our friends cooked a Vietnamese street food dinner, consisting of the most tender calamari with a tangy sauce, moist pork baguette sandwiches with all the pickled trimmings, and the most unusual green shredded papaya and shrimp salad that I couldn't get enough of. So much fun, thanks guys.

On Sunday Brian's church had an outdoor mass, hence having to be up by 11. And boy was it hot. We sat in the sun, where I mistakenly worn jeans and roasted. Lucky for H2O sunscreen.

I love this product and actually anything from H2O. They are based in our neighborhood and they have an annual Warehouse Sale that is to die for. That is how I got this purse sized sunscreen for only $6. I ALWAYS carry it in my purse to avoid those unexpected times when you need it. I used to always be the girl running to Walgreens to buy the $9 tube that I would leave at home and then never have. And for that I would almost pay $30 for another one of these tubes. The convenience alone for us fair-skinned girls is worth it. Plus it works and isn't totally greasy. So if you are in town the weekend of June 12th and want to stand in a ridiculously worth it line with me in the West Loop give me a call.

Sunday afternoon when the house was 83 degrees and I could tell Brian couldn't stand it any longer I turned on the AC. Well, it cooled the house down to 77 degrees and stopped. So in an effort to make us happy we planted our cute container pots.



We planted Oregano, Rosemary, Basil, Parsley, and a few tomato plants. Despite our north facing balcony they still do ok.



So currently I am waiting for the AC guy. Me and 50,000 other Chicago residents today who didn't try their AC until the first hot day. I guess this is what I get for wanting summer to come, well, it's summer in our house. A balmy 83 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment